Pages

Monday, April 23, 2012

37

As I erase the "36" on the whiteboard in front of my bed and replace it with "37" today I can't help but shout: Hallelujah.

37 weeks.  We made it.  After a preterm labor scare, lots of bed rest, broken water (baby a's water broke mid-march), and some divine miracle we now have two FULL TERM boys.  Hallelujah.

The Zohntastic twins are now over the 5lb mark, which means baby b will be big enough to have his heart surgery right away, and they shouldn't need any NICU time or have any other problems associated with preemie babies. Hallelujah.

Jeremy and I made it through 7 weeks of spending (almost) every waking hour in a little tiny room together without killing each other.  In fact, it has drawn us even closer.  We now know we are strong enough to get through anything together, even what lies ahead of us.  Hallelujah.

In the next week or so we will have two rambunctious, tough, amazing little boys to teach, to hold, and to love.  Hallelujah, Hallelujah, Hallelujah.

Amen.


4 comments:

a woman who is said...

I am so excited for you too! Lots of prayer lots of love already poured into these little baby boys. What a lot of precious times you have ahead of you! Good job Jen!

Zohntastic said...

Thank you Cindy. I can't believe we made it this far!

Becky McDaniel Morehouse said...

I can't believe you made it this far. Amazing! I also can't believe you survived being in a small room for so long. That's commitment! Lol. I'm excited to heart the news that your little guys have made it into the world.

Zohntastic said...

Thanks Becky, we can't believe it either!

Post a Comment